YouTube, the world’s leading video-sharing platform, is giving creators a new set of tools to help them make more engaging Shorts. The new tools include Collab, Recomposition, Text stickers, Background music, Speed controls, and Filters.
1. Collab allows creators to record a Short in a side-by-side format with other YouTube or Shorts videos. This is a great way to collaborate with other creators or to react to other videos. For example, a cooking creator could collaborate with a food stylist to create a video that shows the steps involved in making a recipe. Or, a comedy creator could collaborate with another creator to create a funny video that reacts to current events.
2. Recomposition allows creators to transform their horizontal videos into Shorts. This is a great way to share long-form content in a more bite-sized format. For example, a travel vlogger could recompose their latest vlog into a series of Shorts that highlight the best moments of their trip. Or, a music creator could recompose their latest music video into a series of Shorts that showcase the different parts of the song.
3. Text stickers allow creators to add text stickers to their Shorts. This is a great way to add captions, callouts, or other text to your videos. For example, a fitness creator could add text stickers to their Shorts to provide instructions or motivation. Or, a news creator could add text stickers to their Shorts to provide context or additional information.
4. Background music allows creators to add background music to their Shorts. This is a great way to set the tone of your videos or to add some extra flair. For example, a fashion creator could add background music to their Shorts to create a more upbeat and energetic vibe. Or, a cooking creator could add background music to their Shorts to create a more relaxing and calming atmosphere.
5. Speed controls allow creators to speed up or slow down their Shorts. This is a great way to create time-lapse videos or to add some dramatic effect to your videos. For example, a travel creator could use speed controls to create a time-lapse video of their flight from one city to another. Or, a comedy creator could use speed controls to add some extra humor to their Shorts.
6. Filters allow creators to add filters to their Shorts. This is a great way to change the look and feel of your videos. For example, a beauty creator could use filters to add a more dramatic look to their makeup tutorial. Or, a travel creator could use filters to add a more vibrant look to their vacation videos.
These new tools are a great way for creators to experiment and to find new ways to express themselves on YouTube Shorts. They are also a great way to make Shorts more engaging and to reach a wider audience.
In addition to the new tools, YouTube is also making some changes to the Shorts interface. The new interface will make it easier for creators to find and use the new tools. It will also make it easier for viewers to discover Shorts.
The new creative tools and interface are available now on the YouTube Shorts app. To learn more about the new tools, visit the YouTube Shorts Help Center.