According to the WABetaInfo report, WhatsApp has added a new screen lock feature to its web app, giving users an extra layer of security for their chats. The feature, which is currently available to beta testers, requires users to enter a password whenever they want to access WhatsApp Web. This helps to prevent unauthorized users from accessing your chats if you leave your computer unattended.
To enable the screen lock feature, open WhatsApp Web and go to Settings > Privacy. Under the Screen Lock section, select Enable and enter a password. You can also choose when you want to be prompted for the password, such as after a certain period of inactivity or when you close the WhatsApp Web window.
If you forget your password, you can reset it by clicking the Forgot Password? link. However, this will also log you out of WhatsApp Web, so you will need to scan the QR code again to log back in.
The screen lock feature is a welcome addition to WhatsApp Web, and it is sure to be appreciated by users who are concerned about their privacy. It is also a good reminder that it is important to use strong passwords for all of your online accounts.
Additional details about the new screen lock feature:
- The password must be at least 6 characters long.
- You can choose to be prompted for the password after a certain period of inactivity, such as 1 minute, 5 minutes, 15 minutes, or 30 minutes.
- You can also choose to be prompted for the password when you close the WhatsApp Web window.
- If you forget your password, you can reset it by clicking the Forgot Password? link. However, this will also log you out of WhatsApp Web, so you will need to scan the QR code again to log back in.
The screen lock feature is currently available to beta testers, but it is expected to be rolled out to all users in the coming weeks. If you want to try out the feature now, you can join the WhatsApp Web beta program by following these steps:
- Go to https://web.whatsapp.com/.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner of the window.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and click About.
- Click Join Beta.
Once you have joined the beta program, you will need to restart your web browser. Then, you should see the Screen Lock option in the Privacy settings.
The screen lock feature is a great way to protect your WhatsApp chats from prying eyes. If you use WhatsApp Web, I encourage you to enable this feature to help keep your conversations private.
I hope this is helpful! Let me know if you have any other questions.