NameDrop is a new feature in iOS 17 that makes it easier to share contact information with other people. With NameDrop, you can bring your iPhone close to another person’s iPhone, and their contact card will appear on your screen. You can then share the contact card with the other person or view it.
How to use NameDrop
To use NameDrop, you need to have iOS 17 installed on your iPhone. It would be best if you also had Bluetooth and AirDrop turned on.
- Bring your iPhone close to the other person’s iPhone.
- The contact card for the other person will appear on your screen.
- Tap the Share button to share the contact card with the other person.
- The other person will need to accept the contact card.
Tips for using NameDrop
- Make sure that both of your iPhones have Bluetooth and AirDrop turned on.
- Bring your iPhones as close together as possible.
- If the contact card does not appear, try moving your iPhones closer together.
- If the other person does not have iOS 17 installed, they cannot see the contact card.
- If you are having trouble using NameDrop, try restarting your iPhones.
- Ensure that both of your iPhones have the latest version of iOS installed.
- If you are still having trouble, contact Apple support.
Here are some additional benefits of using NameDrop:
- It is more secure than sharing contact information through text or email.
- It is more convenient than opening the Contacts app and manually sharing a contact card.
- It is a great way to meet new people and make new connections.
NameDrop is a simple and easy way to share contact information with other people. With NameDrop, you can quickly and easily share your contact card with someone you meet.