Discover how to easily delete iMessage apps on your iPhone with the new iOS 17 update. Apple introduced exciting features like Check-in and Live Stickers, alongside a sleek design for the Messages app. While iMessage apps enhance functionality, the app drawer can become cluttered. Unlike iOS 16, deleting apps isn’t directly accessible. But fear not, as we have a simple guide to help you remove unwanted iMessage apps on iOS 17. Enjoy a cleaner and more organized messaging experience on your iPhone.
How to Delete iMessage Apps on iOS 17
With the latest update, iOS 17 has introduced some exciting new features to iMessage, like the Check-in feature and Live Stickers. However, if you find yourself with too many apps cluttering your Messages app, it’s time to declutter. Follow these simple steps:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select “Messages”.
- Tap on “iMessage Apps”.
- Here, you’ll see a list of third-party apps. To delete an app, tap the red minus button on the left of the app icon.
- Confirm your decision by tapping “Delete”.
That’s it! The app will be removed from your iMessage app collection, as well as from your iPhone’s home screen.
Keep in mind that you can only delete third-party iMessage apps, not the built-in native apps. You can also rearrange the order of the iMessage apps for better organization. Enjoy a clutter-free iMessage experience on iOS 17!
How to rearrange iMessage apps on iOS 17:
To rearrange iMessage apps on iOS 17, follow these steps:
- Open the Messages app on your iPhone running iOS 17.
- Start a conversation or open an existing one to access the iMessage apps.
- Tap the App Store icon next to the message input field (it looks like an ‘A’).
- At the bottom of the screen, you’ll see a row of app icons. Long-press and hold an app icon until it starts to jiggle.
- Drag the app to the desired position in the app drawer.
- Release your finger to drop the app into the new position.
- Repeat steps 4-6 to rearrange any other iMessage apps.
- Once you’re satisfied with the new order, tap outside the app drawer to exit the editing mode.
That’s it! You’ve successfully rearranged your iMessage apps on iOS 17. Enjoy a customized and organized messaging experience on your iPhone